关于Katie Melua.

百度百科上有她的资料/view/567553.htm

其实她的歌在中国最有名的应该是那首Nine Million Bicycles

她唱的许多爵士乐都是翻唱的 what a wonderful world这首经典爵士曲目则不止是她还有许多人都有翻唱 记得林忆莲也翻唱过

Katie Melua-If You Were A Sailboat这首是她自己创作的

if you were a cowboy i would trail you,

如果你是一个牛仔我将跟随你至天涯海角

if you were a piece of wood

如果你是一片樟木

i'd nail you to the floor.

我将把你钉入地下和我永不分离

if you were a sailboat

如果你是一条帆船

i would sail you to the shore.

我将拉上你与我一起扬帆起航

if you were a river

如果你是一条河流

i would swim you,

我将整日在你的河水里游荡

if you were a house

如果你是一幢房子

i would live in you all my days.

我将永生住进你的心里

if you were a preacher

如果你是一个传教士

i'd begin to change my ways.

我将为你改变我的信仰

sometimes i believe in fate,

有时,我会相信命运

but the chances we create,

但是 那些我们创造出来的机会

always seem to ring more true.

总是让我想的更多

you took a chance on loving me,

你冒险的爱上了我

i took a chance on loving you.

我冒险的爱上你

if i was in jail

如果我被囚禁起来

i know you'd spring me,

我知道你会来解救我

if i was a telephone

如果我是一个电话机

you'd ring me all day long.

你会成天的给我电话

if i was in pain

如果我伸出痛苦中

i know you'd sing me soothing songs.

我知道你会为我唱那些能抚慰我心灵的歌

……

if i was hungry

如果我饿了

you would feed me,

你会喂我

if i was in darkness

如果我身处黑暗中

you would lead me to the light.

你会指引我通往光明

if i was a book

如果我是一本书

i know you'd read me every night.

我知道你会整夜去读